Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Miracle

As I was watching Natalie play, I recalled and was in awe again of what a miracle she is. It's a miracle that an egg and a sperm came together at the perfect time and that a baby began growing in my womb. It's a miracle that she was birthed and took her first breath apart from me. It's a miracle that she has eyes to see and ears to hear. It's a miracle that she has 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes. It's a miracle that she smiled. It's a miracle that the tiny baby that slept 18+ hours a day in the beginning learned to sit up, crawl, turn pages and "read" books, carry toys, stand, walk, feed herself, climb stairs, climb everything!, "sing", jabber, shake rattles, pick up small rocks, bang on things, raise her arms asking to be held, drink from a cup, clap her hands, wave goodbye, splash in the tub, I could go on forever. It's a miracle that you can see her understanding language, fears, joys, disappointments, how things work, surprises. I am amazed at this little miracle standing before me and I know she will continue to grow and amaze me more. Every child is a miracle and a gift from the Lord. "Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3


I love and adore my little miracle. Sadly enough, about an hour after I was thanking God for the miracle she is in my life, I became frustrated with my little miracle. God, please give us mommas an extra measure of grace to love our children daily with patience, kindness, and self-control and help us to remember during the sweet moments and the challenging moments what a blessing and a miracle they are in our lives.

1 comment:

the mathisons said...

Never are they less than a miracle.. just more so are we human. I loved reading about your sweet little one.