Friday, November 13, 2009

5 Years

As a young girl, praying for and dreaming about my future husband, I never could have imagined that God would bless me as much as He has in giving me Dusty.


This is us, 5 years ago, on the day that Dusty asked me to be his wife. He took me up near Pingree Park where he washed my feet in a little creek and told me that he wanted to love me and serve me for the rest of our lives together as Christ did for the church. Dusty, you are an example of Christ to me and have kept your promise these five years. I'm so blessed to have such a loving husband who serves me in practical ways every day. We've had so much fun together, growth through trials, and two beautiful girls in these five years. Who knew that five years to the day that this picture was taken that we would be giving birth to our second daughter?! God has been so good to us and I look forward to the blessings of many more years with you. You are my best friend, my lover, a wonderful husband and father! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

From the View of 1336 said...

I am so thankful that the Lord provided. :) The two of you are an amazing couple and I wish I lived in the same town so we could hangout. Love ya and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Sarah said...

so sweet! And what a creative idea, to wash your feet! Congrats guys! Can you give me the name of that book you were telling me about friend? I'll email you my handout on keeping Christ at the Center of Christmas too.
Sarah

You with us said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Sis,
I am so thankful to God that He gave you such a loving husband. You're a beautiful person and have always deserved every amazing blessings.I love watching my big sister be such a terrific Mom, and have always looked to Dusty as an example of a Godly husband and father. I love you both, and can't wait to see my gorgeous nieces next week!
Love,
Lori/LaLa