Friday, June 11, 2010

Miss Punctuality (10 mo. update)

No, I am definitely not referring to myself.  I'm talking about Maggie Jane.  She is all about timeliness.  She decided to make her debut into this world on her estimated due date, August 8th (good thing she wasn't fashionably late on that one or I might have gone crazy!)  

Doesn't she look like she knows something that we do not?!?  Like she has a secret that she refuses to tell?

Well she does have a secret but it's not a secret anymore!  She finally has teeth!
(click on the pic to get a closer look)

Little Sister wants to do everything that Natalie is doing.  She also wanted to get her first teeth when Natalie did, at 10 months, and being Miss Punctuality, finally got her first teeth on the day that she turned 10 months old!  The last month or so has looked a lot like this:




And we've spent a lot of time doing this:





But whatever makes her happy...

I hope every tooth doesn't cause this much trouble.  We should have a little break until 14 months old if Maggie follows suit.  

At 10 months old now, Maggie weighs 18 lbs.  She is no longer my "fat one" and has tapered off a great amount but she has certainly kept all her cheeks.  She is so busy and we can hardly keep up with her.  Maggie has amazing balance and control and has been standing alone since 8 months old.  In that same month, she started crawling and taking her first steps.  I thought she would be walking independently by now, but it's just been this last week that she has initiated controlled steps.  I often encourage her to try to walk but sometimes she refuses to put her legs down.  While Maggie is on time in some things, she definitely doesn't do anything unless it's her own idea and on her own time.  But walking might just be in sight now...stay tuned.  Maggie crawls on one knee and one foot.

She is a speed demon up the stairs.  If I turn my back on her for a second she is over half way up.  I guess she is ready for her first Fourteener.

Maggie:
a big time Mama's girl
a great sleeper
loves to wave
signs 'all done'
tolerates hats
puts everything in her mouth
loves meat (and eating in general)
prefers to feed herself
drinks from a cup
loves hide and seek
loves sticking her tongue in and out
'talks' (aka grunts) back and forth in conversation
loves smelling her Lovey (inhales deeply)
is growing a lot of hair
hates the car seat
loves to brush her teeth
gives kisses
is a great little sister
(tea party in April)  This pic cracks me up! : )

2 comments:

You with us said...

I can't believe how much Maggie has changed in such a short time! The last picture is my favorite! Classic.

the mathisons said...

Sisters! How sweet are they... the girls are really starting to look alike. Maggie, can I meet you some day? I would really like to kiss those cheeks! and catch a glimpse of that personality that comes through so vividly in the pictures your mommy takes!