Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ch-ch-changes

Sorry I've been away a lot lately.  We've had A LOT of changes going on around here.  First off, my body is changing a lot.  You know, because I'm having a baby, which translates to I'm tired a lot.  I hope I'm not foretelling anything by my lack of posts about sweet baby #3 ("the little nudger" who feels more like a sumo wrestler as each day passes).  Maggie certainly has not lacked in pictures being child #2 (although I'm guilted by the fact that I have not written a growth update on her in a while).  In fact, she is a little easier to take pictures of than my not-so-cooperative three year old.  And so while I have not been good about my pregnancy updates, I'm sure that #3 will be equally loved and adored and doted on in pictures once he or she is here.


So here is a quick update on my pregnancy:

We heard the heartbeat on February 11th.  I told Dusty the night before that if the heartbeat was low I would have a hard time not thinking that we are probably having a boy (an old wives tale).  Especially with how different this pregnancy has been.  This baby's heartbeat was in the high 140's/ low 150's.  The girls both had heartbeats around the mid/high 150's.  So...not a huge difference there.  Not enough to lead me down any rabbit trails to which I am thankful for because I like still feeling super excited about the surprise.  We had our ultrasound in April.  The baby looked great and had a sweet little profile, just like the girls.  It has been my most active baby and I even got an ultrasound pic of the baby with it's leg stretched all the way up to it's head and the foot stretched behind the head!  Talk about flexible!  It weighed 2 oz. at the time which was a little higher than what my pregnancy book said the average was.  Eek.  Scared that this baby will be even bigger than Maggie!  Overall I've had a great pregnancy.  I felt great the second trimester and am just starting to feel a bit more cumbersome and tired as I'm entering the third trimester.  Here are some pics of the progress:

17 weeks

18 weeks

22 weeks

26 weeks

27 weeks


Me and the hippo--the hippo is on the right.
I hate seeing myself in pictures because I feel like I look like a hippo.  Many people have been making comments to me that I look like I'm ready to go.  However I have three more months!  Sometimes I groan at that fact and other times it seems like such a short amount of time before we get to meet this little one.



Another change (not related to my lack of blog posts) is that I cut my hair and got bangs for the first time since like junior high.  Still getting use to them and undecided about how long I'm going to keep them around.

And finally, we sold our Element

bought a mini van

and bought a HOUSE! 
(practically in the same day, and unexpectedly--more details to come.....maybe).

Craziness!  We close on our house this Tuesday and are in process of trying to sell our current home.

So that's what's been going on around here:  cars, and houses, and babies, OH MY!

4 comments:

the mathisons said...

What fun changes you guys are going through!!! I am excited for you guys :) A third baby brings on a fun dynamic to the group and it will be fun to watch you guys grow. You are a cute pregnant Mamma! Your hair cut is a good fit for you.

Wish we could come over and help pack up your house and help you get settled in! It is a crazy task but somewhat fun to have the chance to get rid of somethings as well.

GO ROBINSONS!!!! Brave and embrace those changes!

The Yehl Family said...

I think you look great - not like a hippo at all! The cute hair helps ; )

I can't wait to see the new house! How exciting!

Love you!!

You with us said...

So excited for you and all the changes! It was really hard on my ego to buy a minivan, but we love it now.

Emily Dille said...

Ashley - You look amazing! I don't think you look "ready to go" yet at all :) Sure hope we'll get to see you guys sometime soon! Hugs from DT!