Friday, December 30, 2011

Peter Pan Party, Year Two

When I asked Natalie what kind of party she wanted for her fourth birthday she said Peter Pan.  Peter Pan? Really, again?  Well, okay.  She's kind of obsessed with Peter Pan.  So much that he's her make believe friend, usually hanging around following her around while she plays.  She is often Wendy (whom she is also in love with) and Maggie gets to be either John or Michael.

I was planning on attempting to make a pirate ship cake with Peter Pan figurines aboard but one day Natalie informed that she wanted a special cake and even drew a picture of it for me on her doodle pad.  "I want yellow frosting all over it.  And I want little blue flowers all around it.  And Peter, Wendy, John, Michael on top of it."


No pirate ship?  Sounds good to me!  Papa and I love that you designed your own cake and we did our best to follow your sketch.

First thing she said was, "Where's John and Michael?"  Well, I tried to find everyone but no one makes John and Michael figurines so we added Tinker Bell instead.  She was content with this.

Auntie Marney found this wonderful "Wendy dress"for Natalie and surprised her with it for her birthday.

 "Everyone is going to think I am Wendy!"




 Our Wendy girl.

We had 6 friends join us for the birthday celebration.  Everyone wore their jammies (remember the children were asleep in their nursery when Peter Pan came and stole them away to Never Land.)

Our dear friends, Emily and Dave, dressed like Peter Pan and Wendy and surprised Natalie.  She was so shy at first and wouldn't even go up to them but I think inside she really liked it.  She did finally warm up since all her friends were having fun with Peter and Wendy.

And here is the crew, minus Maggie who was still waking up from her nap and trying to take everything in.

We played Peter Pan Says, decorated spy glasses, drew and colored our "Shadows", walked the plank (aka jump off the coffee table--a fav I think), ate cake and ice cream, opened presents, and then went on a treasure hunt--another fav.  It was so fun celebrating with Natalie and boy was I worn out at the end of it!

The Wendys.


Here's to flying to new heights, Natalie, "with happy thoughts and faith and trust, and a sprinkling of Tinker Bell's pixie dust."  Love you!

No comments: