Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas ornament tradition

Every year I buy the girls a Christmas ornament that represents something about them or something that happened to them over the last year.  I plan on doing this at least until they are 18 so that they will have ornaments to decorate their own tree with one day that will also tell a story about themselves.  This year N got a Heinz ketchup bottle because "she puts ketchup on her ketchup," M got a red high heel because she wears her play high heels from sun up to sun down with her fancy dress-up dresses, and S got a hat with purse ornament because well, 

this is her most favorite "hat" to wear

and she loves to carry purses and bags around

and she often wears neck attire such as bras or my swimsuit bottoms draped around her neck.

Anyway.  I also try to get an ornament that represents something for Dusty and I.  I think it was '07 that Dusty and I remodeled both of our bathrooms at the old house.  I mean gutted.  It was a big project for Dusty and I (I was preggers with Natalie).  I found this super cute ornament of a moose in an outhouse to represent this milestone for the year.  The door swings open and shut revealing the occupant sitting on the toilet.

Maggie was so fascinated this year with it as we were decorating the tree (I forgot to mention in the last post that while the big girls were not with us to pick out the tree, we waited to decorate it with them when they returned from their trip.)  We just love the way she talks and the funny things she says and so Papa took this video of her talking about the moose.  We also enjoyed hearing lots about baby Jesus, Mary, and Jophes from her this Christmas season. : )


No comments: