So blogging consistently is getting a lot harder with Natalie wanting to play all the time rather than lay around and sleep like she did when she was tiny. Speaking of tiny, Natalie is a petite little girl but is growing great and is healthy. Although she may seem tiny to others, Dusty and I notice all the chunk rolls she's adding daily, her chubby cheeks, and her double chin. At her 4 month Well Baby check, she weighed 12 lbs. 4 oz. (about the 50%) and was 24 and 3/4 in. long (two inches since her 2 month well baby). We also learned that her head is in the 75 %! We asked her, "Natalie, you got a big head?!" ; ) I never thought her head looked big, and I still don't, but apparently she is in the 75%. She's in her 3-6 mo. clothes and although she appears petite, I wonder if her 3-6 mo. clothes will actually last to 6 months! Some already seem like they are on their way out.
Her eczema is getting much, much better. I went off of dairy for 4 weeks to see if that was what was causing it. It never cleared 100% in that time and I reintroduced milk yesterday and there are no flare ups yet (I have to wait a couple more days to see) so I'm really hoping that dairy isn't the cause and that I can be in dairy ecstasy again soon! Poor little girl is having to wear mittens to sleep in because she has a sore spot under her chin and she constantly scratches at it. It is healing now since she has been unable to get at it.
Natalie chuckles and is jabbering a ton. We are working on rolling over from tummy to back. She's done it a couple of times, but sometimes she forgets what to do and gets stuck and Mama or Papa has to remind her what to do and then give her a little push. She loves to stand up and is starting to lean forward to want to sit up on her own. She's got really good hand coordination when holding a rattle or rings (her favorite toy) or other toys and she's starting to help me turn pages in the board books. She is moving into a sleep routine of bedtime around 7:30 pm with naps from 9-11 and 1-3 with a catnap from 5-5:30pm and wakes up between 7 and 7:30am. She doesn't always nap for the whole two hour chunks but we are getting there. She always wakes up 40 min. into her nap (that's one sleep cycle) and the trick is catching her early enough to resettle her so she will go to sleep longer. She is the best baby I could have ever imagined and I tell her all the time that she just keeps getting better!
No comments:
Post a Comment