Monday, December 15, 2008

Committed

So I've noticed that a lot of my friends like change, whether it be rearranging furniture, food, paint, blogs, etc. I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I am the complete opposite! Yes, I like to rearrange my furniture here and there for a new feel, but I am such a creature of habit. I eat the same things at our favorite restaurants. I love our paint colors and after all that work painting and trying to coordinate decorations, my house will probably always look the same until I move. I tend to always buy solid colors when it comes to clothing. I like things symmetrical.

The thing with me is that once I find something great, I never deviate from it or branch out. Some might say I'm missing out on new things, but if you find something you love, why would you want to give it up? I may not be adventurous, but I'm committed. : ) Anyway, I did add a new header as many of you probably noticed. I might be changing it later, but I thought it would be fun for now. I'm grateful for my friends who love change and have flare because they really challenge me to branch out. And another secret...I may be set in my ways about most things, but deep inside I do want flare, I want to buy a shirt that buttons-up and has design and sparkle, I want to recover my ottoman in a patterned print rather than a solid, I want to be okay with asymmetry! But I'll NEVER not get the Toonces at the Pickle Barrel! : )

4 comments:

You with us said...

Which one is the Toonces?

I don't mind change, I just don't like the process of changing. If I could have new wall color without the transition of moving the furniture and spreading drop clothes I'd be all for it. Does that make sense?

The Robinson Family said...

The Toonces is a hot sandwich of Turkey, Dill Havarti Cheese, Avos, Tomatoes, and Ranch. All of my favorite things!

Wouldn't it be great if we could just snap our fingers or wiggle our nose and there would be new wall color or rearranged furniture whenever we wanted, just like that, without drop cloths and tape and aching backs!?

Unknown said...

Happy Bday Natalie! I wish we were there to celebrate! Ashley I did a quick search to see if there were Waldorf schools in Fort Collins and I found this school.
http://riversongwaldorf.com/home/
If you have not heard about Waldorf you might enjoy learning about their philosophy. If Shane and I ever have kids I would love to send them to Waldorf school.
Enjoy the snow!

the mathisons said...

I am a bit opposite about change... Dale and our children have been my most important and biggest commitments... I think it is a great thing to be satisfied with what you have and what you like!
Where is that shirt?... I will buy it for you and you can wear it just because it was a gift and someone got it for you:)