Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Snuggly Morning






Yesterday was Dusty's (and my) first day back to work full time. Dusty took a week off and then did two weeks part time after Maggie's birth. I was dreading Monday morning all weekend. Mostly the morning part. Dusty has been so good to me by letting me sleep in each morning. My day started at 6am with Maggie. I have not gotten up that early since I can't even remember!!! I got up and nursed Maggie and made myself stay up. It turned out to be a really great start to my day. I spent time with God, snuggled my little one, took a shower, started breakfast for Natalie, got dressed, all before Natalie even woke up. Maggie went to sleep just before Natalie got up which gave the two of us some special, uninterrupted time to play in the morning .

Natalie woke up in a snuggly mood (I'll soak up every opportunity) and asked to keep wearing the blanket around her and her two favorite animals, Big Yellow Dog and Little Black Dog, while I finished getting breakfast ready. The rest of our day went great too. Naps were coordinated and long. Yea! That sure helps refresh this mama. We were excited to see Dusty after five, everyone alive and smiling. : )

So we are easing back into normal life and everything's going okay so far.

1 comment:

the mathisons said...

Glad your first day was a great one! Way to go Ashley!