We cut down our Christmas tree this past weekend at this little tree farm, called Bender's Tree Farm, owned by this sweet old man who has some land and let's people come chop down their trees every year for a great price! We went with the Eliasons, Hartmans, and Scotts, friends from our Life Group, and I failed to get a pic of all of us, I can't believe it! Our family started off the day with a Louisiana style breakfast at Lucille's (part of the annual tradition) and then met up with our friends. We went a day early than planned to beat the freezing weather and snow and what a perfect day it was! Very cold but sunny and wind-free. We bundled up and trekked down the hillside looking for the perfect tree, and I must say, we found a pretty good one this year.

Natalie did a good job but didn't seem that interested in the whole event. She mostly wanted to be carried rather than trek through the snow.
The hardest part was when Dusty took off back up the hillside, carrying our tree, and I was left panting back up with two crying babies who both wanted to be held. Thankfully Natalie toughed it out and made it up the hillside with me holding her hand but it was not a fun moment for me.
I grew up with an artificial tree but it has been fun cutting our own Christmas trees since we've been married and a tradition that I hope our children will enjoy also.
2 comments:
It looks you did get a good tree and had fun, except for carrying both crying girls up the hillside:)
Ah, the memories... Norman Rockwell forgot to draw the part about carrying the cold, tired children up the hill. I'm glad it was a good trip overall. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment