Friday, December 31, 2010

Peter Pan Birthday Party

I wanted to make a cool cake for Natalie's birthday and found one in Hello, Cupcake that I thought looked easy enough for a first attempt:  the crocodile.  Natalie saw Peter Pan at a dinner theater with Dusty's parents in August and has been an avid fan ever since and so between these two factors, it was the perfect recipe for a Peter Pan themed birthday party.  Dusty and I made the cupcakes together the night before and had it set up on the table for her to see first thing.  She was excited so that made me happy.



Natalie got to invite three friends.  Two of them are sweet sisters:
Eloise and Naomi

And her good friend, Phillip

I use the words Peter Pan birthday party loosely.  We did create some themed games but the kids didn't know any better.  We played Tick Tock hide and seek where we hid a ticking timer and the kids had to find it.  Then we played pin the X on the treasure map.  And finally we read one of Natalie's books called Birthday Zoo.


And then we ended with cupcakes.  I think it went successfully and the kids seemed to have a good time.


Natalie was happy that Grandma and Grandpa could be a part of the celebration too.


It is still hard to believe that she is three.  I know I will be saying that every year.



2 comments:

the mathisons said...

Natalie makes a sweet tinkerbell! What a fun cake and party!!

You with us said...

The cake turned out awesome!! Nice work you guys! Natalie looks so happy.