Thursday, January 6, 2011

A miniature sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer?

Well, not exactly, but we did see some deer and miniature horses in BV for a few days after Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa.  One morning we had 13 deer in the yard!  If only I remembered where I put that darn sleigh! : )




Enjoying the deer watching.

"Look at all those deer!"



It was a bitterly cold morning, but we went to see these miniature horses.  Natalie enjoyed it but Maggie wasn't interested in being outdoors.  I love the mountains in the background.






Natalie got to walk the pony herself.


Maggie finally wanted to pet the pony right before we left.

The highlight of the trip for me was the date night that Dusty and I had in Salida.  We've discovered this wonderful, authentic Thai restaurant.  The ambiance is like eating in a 7 Eleven but the food and service are amazing!  We ate dinner there followed by our now traditional stop at the bowling alley.  We bowled last time we were in BV and had so much fun, especially when we make wagers.  This trip I won all three rounds!  I got a turkey (bowling term for three strikes in a row), with 5 strikes in one game for a score of 157 (my best ever), and a total of 6 strikes for the whole night.  Most importantly, I won my choice of two nights of Dusty cleaning the kitchen for me and one whole day of no poopy diaper changes.  I'm still basking in the glory.

Happy New Year and blessings in 2011!


1 comment:

You with us said...

Those are some wagers worth bowling for! Nice work and congratulations!