Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Confessions

Confession #1:  I LOVE to do my girls' hair EVERY day. 
Lately Natalie has been into curling her hair.  We tried hot rollers but those curls lasted about 1 hour.

"I look like an octopus."
 The results:


Our biggest success has been with sponge rollers...



but we are still tweaking things to avoid this:

"I look like a boy."

Usually we can turn this Shirley Temple craziness into something a little more sophisticated like this:


Even Maggie wanted to be in on it one night so I put curlers in her hair.  She slept in them all night, no complaining!  Can you believe that?!  At 17 months old!





Maggie woke up with this:


But thankfully we were able to turn it into this:

Confession #2:  I LOVE to do hair and I think Maggie looks so darn cute in pigtails, but if I didn't do it, she'd have a MULLET!


Of course with this face, she's still adorable.

But I've been thinking it might be time for a haircut.  I'm just torn because I do do her hair every day anyway and I love her long pigtails, and some days we get super cute do's like this:



So I'm debating still, but I thought you should know that things are not always perfect around here whether it's the fact that my 18 month old has a mullet or that sometimes I don't clean my kitchen for days or that I yell at my sweet girls out of a selfish, impatient, prideful heart.  We are not perfect here, no, but we are growing and learning and leaning on a Savior whose mercies are new every morning and who washes me white as snow.

I leave you with one last thing if you can handle it:
Shake your mullet, common mealtime entertainment.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

such a great post! i can't believe maggie slept with those in!!! i totally remember begging my mom to do rollers, and then i looked like a white girl with a freak afro. hahaha!

Unknown said...

Okay, I need to show these pics to Elly. She is extremely impatient when I do her hair. I do have sponge curlers though...so we'll see!