Thursday, February 10, 2011

First Visit to the Dentist

I am so one of those moms:  I took my camera to Natalie's first dentist appointment.  Will the other kids have their first visit recorded?  Maybe, maybe not.  But here I am.  Part of me doesn't want to miss one moment or for my family to, and the other part wanted me to have pics so that Natalie and I could go back and talk about it--she likes to do that sort of thing.

She did amazing!  Everyone kept saying that they couldn't believe that it was her first time.  She was super psyched about the endless possibilities that were in the 'treasure chest' for doing a good job.  She loved the light up toothbrush that she got and the balloon gloves that Dr. Brewer made for her.  Out of many, many random toy options from the treasure chest, she proudly chose the 4 pack of high heel eraser heads.  (I tossed them the next day, unnoticed by Natalie to this day, because I was afraid of how they could be used by Maggie. : )  Here is the documentation of the moment:

Going for a ride while the chair reclines.

Seeing how the cleaning brush feels on her fingernail.

Doing a great job opening wide.



Dr. Brewer checking her teeth.
Natalie, when it comes to....what's the word I'm looking for?...milestones?....firsts?....you are so easy and always do a wonderful job.  I appreciate that about you so much.  I'm glad you had fun at the dentist.  You got a good report and you have beautiful teeth in that beautiful smile!

No comments: