Wow, she's less than a month away from being half way to a year.
What a joy and a peach she is! She is such a happy and content baby. It has been such a blessing to me to not have a demanding baby while being busy with two others.
She loves to simply hang out wherever the action is, but is also content with playing by herself in her crib for a bit. She almost never cries unless she is hungry or tired.
Right now she is happiest in the Johnny Jumper. Yes, many of my pics and videos of her in it are in the coat closet, but you shouldn't mind, because she doesn't. We make due with what we have. We can hardly hold her without her wanting to jump on our legs. And she is so strong! Definitely will follow in her sisters' footsteps with strength and agility.
Gosh, I love that little flipped out ear!
She's a little peanut. At 5 months she is 13.5 pounds and still fits perfectly in the crook of my arm.
The comments are getting fewer, but for a while everywhere we went someone would say, "Wow, she really holds her head up well!" I was pretty sure my reply one day was going to be, "Yeah, well she is a year old." : ) The other one I hear a lot is how alert she is. Yep. All my babies have been like that. That's because they have big brains! : )
She started rolling at 3 months. We can't put her down without her rolling onto her tummy right away. While she has done it before, she is not very good about rolling back onto her back and will often cry for assistance after a while. Sometimes I'm in the kitchen and Natalie will yell, "Uh oh. Mom come see what Sabrina did." When I run into the living room I find her up on her tummy--again. I think it's funny the girls think this isn't right. I have to watch Maggie to make sure she doesn't try to "help" Sabrina one way or the other. I always have this picture in my head of arms snapping off like barbie doll arms. I assure them that it's perfectly fine for Sabrina to be on her tummy. The only down side is that she is a terrible drooler and often ends up putting her face in a puddle. This happens a lot during naps or bedtime. She cries and when we go in, we find her "stuck" on her tummy and we have to put her on her back again and relocate her to a dry place in her crib. While she isn't good about the single flip to her back, she is very good at getting momentum and traveling across the room. One day I had put her in the middle of her blanket and came back to find her way over here.
Sometimes we put her down on the blanket and this happens:
Silly girl.
She has the cutest little chicken fuzz for hair. It's blonde and sometimes has a reddish hue. We'll see what becomes of that. Sometimes I call her my Fuzzy Little Chicken Head. Other nicknames are Bubble Head (Natalie's interpretation when I was telling Dusty how she looked like one of those bobble head toys when she was younger.) Brina. And Princess Fifi (fee fee). : )
She has discovered her tongue and loves to stick it out and has found her voice and loves to hear herself talk. This video shows her figuring it out a little but now she is full on singing and jabbering.
I treasure each time after nursing her when she softly coos to me to show she finished and satisfied. I nurse her about 5 times a day and sometimes once in the middle of the night although we are working on getting her to sleep through the night. She has done it but sometimes reverts when our schedule is off.
Sabrina loves:
being talked to
jumping in the Johnny Jumper
Sophie giraffe
her sisters
watching her fish tank
rolling to her tummy
baths and being massaged afterward
reading books
going for walks in the Ergo
being snuggled by Mama
You are a ray of sunshine everywhere you go, a refreshing "pure river" (Sabrina Kate).


No comments:
Post a Comment