Guess who else is on the move?
We got Natalie a "new" bike from Recycled Cycles (and asked them to remove the training wheels and keep 'em because we didn't need 'em). We took her out on April 1st and she took to it immediately. Shane and Jen sent the girls a scoot bike about a year ago. I don't know why her face is like this but I do remember thinking we were never going to get anywhere with this thing because she was sooooo slow walking with it. But that wasn't the case thankfully. I can't even remember, but it definitely wasn't long before she got the hang of it and was gliding along, pushing with her feet to keep her speed. All summer she rode this bike to the store while I pushed the stroller with one, now two kids, in it. Her balance was perfect and I knew she was ready for the next step.
We did the first practice in the grass, the way I remember my dad teaching me. You know, in case you fall, it's a softer landing, except well...in the winter/early spring. But that's okay. She didn't know and she didn't fall.
Later we moved to the playground basketball court. Here is a video of her after being on her bike for only 15 minutes.
We are so proud of her. I knew she would immediately just "get it." She's just that kid. Transitions have always come easy to her. She has been practicing and gaining more confidence and today we took our first stroll to the grocery store with her new bike and she did great.
This little one patiently hung out here, enjoying the spectacle. AND...
since Natalie's on her big bike now, you know what that means....somebody new is on the scoot bike.
I love these shots that Dusty got of Maggie. She always says "I want to ride my purple bike" which isn't really purple, but her helmet is, so you know. She is doing awesome on it already, much faster than Natalie was when she started. Pretty soon I'll have two bike riders with me to the store which means more room for groceries in the stroller again. : )
"Eat my dust, baby!" : )



1 comment:
yay! how exciting!!! We are firm believers in the no training wheels... neither Reese or Leif had them. Wish our kids could ride together :)
Post a Comment