Maggie really wanted to have an "organized" friend party this year with games, decorations, and all the trimmings. I just couldn't say no to her sweet face.
She requested a fairy party.
Also, "Mom, can you cover my door with that stuff so I have to climb through like last year?"
Sure, Mags. Anything for you.
We did two layers this year and Natalie helped.
I made these poms and we "hid" fairies sitting in various places around the room.
| I love how a dollar store table cloth can feel fancy and special to a young child. |
She picked chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and mint chocolate chip ice cream. I made some wands for a game and for the guests to take home out of squiggly straws and cardstock.
We painted fairy houses.
We played Lily Pad Leap across an imaginary pond,
Save the Baby Bumblebees,
(for which I colored cannellini beans black and yellow with N and M's help)
Catch the Gnome,
(in which the girls had to freeze Dusty with their wands and to unfreeze he threw candy to them)
and also Find the Fairy (not pictured) which was a take on the game Sardines.
Singing to the birthday girl who just couldn't wait to make her wish. : )
Singing to the birthday girl who just couldn't wait to make her wish. : )
She really had a great time which made my heart feel happy.
You're the sweet stuff in the middle [Oreos]. We love you! Happy Birthday, Beautiful.



No comments:
Post a Comment