Sunday, February 24, 2008
2 month well baby checkup
Natalie is well! She is almost 11 lbs. and is 22.75 in. According to the doctor's charts, that puts her in the 23% for weight and 49% for height. She loves being nakey on the doctor's table and anywhere, really. The patient room is like a sauna and I'm usually sweating. Dusty and I decided we'd wear our summer gear every time even if it's in the winter. Last well baby checkup our doctor casually threw out at me that Natalie had a hernia to which I exclaimed, "What?!" He then explained that the hole where her umbilical cord went into her body was not closed up all the way, which is common in many babies and should close up on it's own over time. Still, I dislike the way he casually announces things like hernias in regard to a tiny little baby. All this to say that her hernia is getting smaller, so yea! She does have a case of cradle cap, but it's mostly hidden by her beautiful hair. Her gooby eye comes and goes still. She is sleeping 6-7 hours at night pretty consistently now. Not much else to report. Overall, Natalie is a well, (and I'll add an "s" to that) swell baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, at our last appointment we were also informed that Ryland has an umbilical hernia as well. :) So, they must be pretty common. Her's is not much bigger then the tip of my finger. Did she get shots at this appointment? When we go on March 11th for her 2 month appoitment we will be getting the full round of shots... I am NOT looking forward to that!
I am so thankful you have a well baby. I love that she likes to be naked and that she is sleeping so well. It is so much easier to enjoy a baby when you are getting some sleep:). Hugs and Kisses.
Post a Comment