Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our Bed




I've always loved our bed. It's a great bed: one of those waveless waterbeds. It has two water chambers in it with a pillow top mattress pad and a thermostat. I think it is one of my favorite places to be. I often have to finagle Dusty (an upright, couch napper) into taking naps with me in our bed, which has way more room for the two of us and is way more comfy. Now Natalie loves our bed. I often have a hard time getting her to take good naps in the day (longer than 45 minutes) but if I lay down with her in our bed, she will sleep for two hours! One morning she woke up at 6 a.m. and I thought that she wanted to be fed. Dusty brought her into our bed and instead of eating she simply nestled in next to me and went to sleep. I guess she just wanted some company and warmth. I'm working on trying to get her to take good naps in her crib, but quite frankly, if it takes napping with her in our cozy bed to get her to sleep well, this nap-lover isn't going to complain!

1 comment:

the mathisons said...

those are some of my favorite times with Reese.... we were the best sleeping buddies... even still she will crawl in bed and snuggle with me. Leif is a different story and likes his own space and bed.