Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Time Away

This past weekend, I left this sweet little girl for the first time from Friday late afternoon to Sunday lunch time for the women's retreat.
A whole weekend with just Papa!

I cried a little as I pulled out of the drive way, watching Natalie and Dusty waving goodbye to me. I've never loved being away from my family and I admit that most years I've forced myself to go on the retreat and was always anxiously waiting to get home even though I was enjoying myself. This year God was working on my heart and I was actually looking forward to going on the retreat. Two weeks of tears, tantrums, and teething also motivated my need for respite. I had a great time. I was really encouraged by the speaker's talks about trusting in the Lord and waiting in faith--a study of the life of Moses--especially right now with pregnancy. I wish I could share more but it would take too long to write. I also met a lot of fun new people and learned how to play Bunko. : )

I called Dusty on Saturday morning to see how their night went and how the morning was going so far.
Mistake on my part: I almost cried when I heard this little girl saying "mama, mama" on the other side of the phone.
After that, I couldn't stop thinking about them and yearning to get home to see them.


Who wouldn't miss a face like this???

Overall, it was a great weekend for everyone. Dusty did a great job (like I knew he would!) Natalie and he had fun hanging out with other dads and kiddos, playing at the park, listening to a live bluegrass band, and going to church. Natalie continued to sleep great for him at night and for naps. Bonus points for Dusty for remembering to feed her and he even did a good job of dressing her nicely (although he chose to mix and match her outfits.) ; )

I was so happy to see this face when I got home.
I cried again when I saw her standing at the door, waiting for me with a big smile and raised arms, saying "mama, mama". : )

Thanks for taking such good care of our girl, Dusty (and for cleaning the house!)
and thanks for being such a good girl for Papa, Natalie.
Love you both so much and miss you so much when we are apart!

2 comments:

the mathisons said...

Glad you were encouraged and enjoyed a little time away. And how great the Natalie and Dusty got some one on one time too! What a great dad and mom she has!
You look great! I felt the aches earlier these last two pregnancies as well... MJB will be here in no time!

You with us said...

How can you resist this face!:) What a sweetie. So glad you had some time away and Dusty and Natalie had a little father/daughter time.