Saturday, August 22, 2009

Maggie, you are NOT your sister.


As many of you know, Natalie was an easy, by-the-book baby. What a blessing for first time parents! I've found myself telling Maggie (in humor), "Natalie never did this or that." Followed by, "Poor girl, she's already being compared to her big sister." Although I say it lightheartedly, the fact is, Maggie, you are not your sister. You are wonderfully and uniquely you. I'm so excited to see who you are going to become.

Things I love about my Maggie:
  • You are a fabulous eater, right from the start--no problems!
  • You are so chubby (because you are a fabulous eater!)
  • You're fuzzy, little chick-like hair
  • The many funny faces you make when you are awake, taking in the world
  • You smile so much in your sleep (can't wait to see your smile when you are awake!)
  • Your purring and squeaky noises you make in your sleep

You are so precious to us! Although I've noted it in the past, I want to stop commenting on what you are doing or not doing that your sister did or did not do when she was a baby. Instead I want to love and appreciate your differences. You can tell that you and Natalie are sisters, but I love finding out each day who Maggie Jane is!

3 comments:

the mathisons said...

maggie, you are a cutie!

p.s. Natalie, it just so happens that you are too :)
(but in a completely different way!)

Michele said...

When will you bring sweet Maggie in for her first chubby, fuzzy portraits? I'm so exicted to meet her!!

Marcy said...

She is soooo cute - and that hair! Love it.