Friday, March 23, 2012

7 months

I can't believe she is 7 months old today!  I haven't even written her 6 month update.  Oh well.  Here it is all in one.

She is still a little peanut.  I remember when she was the size of this doll, maybe around 1 or 2 months old.  She is bigger than the doll now but not by much.  At 6 months old she weighed 14 lbs.



She's tiny but she's advanced.  Genius.  That's what I always say.  She's been mobile since she was 4 months old, able to scoot across her crib and turn in 360 degree circles.  She started sitting up when she was 5 1/2 months old.


And now she is seconds away from crawling at 7 months old!  She can get up on her hands and knees quite easily and has walked out with her hands and is working on getting her knees to follow.  Dusty says she will be crawling by the end of this month--that's in a week.


She has also started trying to pull up in her crib.  Oh my!  Genius, but I want her to stay my baby too.





Sabrina is signing!  Impossible you say, I know, but it's true.  At 6 months I started signing "all done" with her after I finished nursing her and now she will sign it to me when I ask her if she is all done and has even initiated telling me that she was finished without my prompting.  Genius!  I am working on "more" with her now.  I wonder if I can potty train her before she is a year old. : )

 She is still a very content baby.  She likes playing on the floor and taking all of her toys out of her basket.  Her fav toy is Sophie Giraffe.  She also loves the Johnny Jumper and hearing her own voice.


She is still adored by her two big sisters and sometimes overwhelmed by them.


We started baby food with her at 6 months old.  So far she has had sweet potatoes, avos, cauliflower, carrots, and butternut squash.  She has loved all of them except the avos.  Here is the video of her first food experience.  On a side note I did accidentally give her a drink from a straw of Cane's lemonade one day when I had the overwhelming feeling of a child nagging me for a drink and grabbing for my cup.  I finally gave in thinking it was Maggie or Natalie and realized a second too late that it was the baby in my arms.  Oops.  First food:  Cane's lemonade.  First real food:  sweet potatoes.




She has a lot more hair on top that makes a great mohawk and still has blue eyes.  She actually has hair growing in on her bald spot but it's blonde and so she still looks bald there.  No teeth yet.  Not planning on seeing any until around 10 months like the other two.



She has baby food once a day and nurses 6 times a day.  She takes a morning nap at 9 and an afternoon nap at 1 and goes to bed at 7pm.  She almost always only wants Mama.  The other two are often Daddy's girls and so I want this sweet little one to be mine I say. : )  My fav thing of late is when I get ready to put her to bed and she lays her head on my shoulder.  I stay a little longer for the extra snuggles.

You are growing up so fast!  Stay my baby forever!

1 comment:

You with us said...

Ashley, what a sweetheart she is! I love hearing about her and seeing her sweet face.

I think it is so interesting that you, Kelli and me all have peanuts for third babies. Jelly Bean was 14 lbs at a year and weighs 25 lbs at 3. I always say what they are lacking in size they make up for in personality.;)