Lately I feel like I live in a musical. The girls are often traipsing around the house singing a song, sometimes one that is made up about what is happening in the moment, a musical play-by-play if you will. The other day I was nursing Sabrina in her room and I could hear Natalie singing in the bathroom across the hall. I couldn't put together all of the nonsense she was singing about, but then I heard her say in her continued sing-song manner, "Help! I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just wash my hands and get done."
Speaking of musicals, Natalie got The Sound of Music for her birthday from her great-grandmother. It was my favorite movie growing up and I've probably seen it a hundred times, many of those times with my grandmother (I wish you could have been here, Grandmother, to watch it with us.)
![]() |
| Opening her gift on her birthday. |
I love sharing it with Natalie (she could watch it hundred times too) and it was an inexpressible joy to see her watch it for the first time.
Her eyes sparkled and she couldn't stop grinning.
You may recall here the first time Natalie heard Do Re Mi and fell in love with the song. Well now she knows where it came from and loves the movie as much as I do. Currently the bed time song pick is almost always Do Re Mi.
Natalie, you have such a sweet awareness of the lovely things in life. It's a joy to experience them through your eyes.



3 comments:
Priceless!
Loved watching Sound of Music with my mom!!! Sweet Natalie is soaking it all in :)
Sound of Music is one of my all time favorites, too! I got the dvd at my baby shower and cannot wait until Genevieve is old enough to appreciate it! :D
Post a Comment