Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Fun In the Summertime

This summer marks the first of many summers that we plan to spend at our community pool down the street from us.  Lucky for us, it's been record breaking temperatures here.  Bad on an average day, but perfect for the pool.  Here's a little pic of how we roll although this is from our trip back home from the pool with some things already unloaded, ie. Sabrina, noodles, etc.  Usually Sabrina is stuffed on one side and a lot of our stuff is on the other side but she's so easy going about it (good thing she's little).  



I love Sabrina's face in this one.  She is such a little peanut!  Maggie was not in picture mode.






And don't you just love this one? 

 I'll have to get more pics at the actual pool sometime but it's hard, you know, because we're outnumbered.  Usually Sabrina wants to be with Mama and so the other two are busy swimming with Papa.  They all love the water.  Natalie can touch the bottom in the shallow area this year and is loving her freedom in the pool.  She recently also learned how to go under water and loves doing this with her goggles on.  Maggie is so relaxed in the water.  She likes to hang over two noodles and swim where she pleases as well as jump launch into the pool with no fear.  Sabrina exercises her independence too while using the ladybug floatie in the baby pool.  It acts like a walker and she can go wherever (with supervision of course!)  

The girls actually started swim lessons today.  They did a great job and just today, Natalie actually tried swimming underwater while using her arms and legs too.  They will be swimmers in no time!  Here are some short videos of them doing an exercise during lessons today.

Maggie:

Natalie:

I always wanted a pool to go to regularly when I was a kid.  I never thought owning new swimsuits could be so fun.  I'm so excited for this to be a part of the girls' childhood memories and look forward to many summers here.  Come visit us and don't forget your suits!

No comments: