| Maggie's Big Girl Bed February 12, 2012 2 1/2 years old |
Although she looks quite solemn here, she was very excited to have a big girl twin bed just like Natalie. I just really like this picture of her that Dusty took with her name fuzzy in the background. Perhaps she is thinking about what her future in a big bed with hold. We bought Natalie's twin bed set from a friend of mine and later purchased a new mattress for Mags after we found a simple metal frame and boxspring in like-new condition off of Craigslist. The bedding I got on sale from Company Kids and sheets from Target.
Dusty and I painted their room before we moved in. It was white, like every other wall in the house. Dusty made a chair rail for it. I wanted to pick colors that the girls both loved, yellow and purple, but liked this combo I matched from Martha's paint combos. I did decide to paint the girls' names in their favorite colors though.
Before:
| Photo from the realtor listing. |
After:
The room isn't complete just yet. I'm still looking for a mirror for above the dresser and for something else on the "name wall." I also need to update the picture frames. The dresser we got from Dusty's parents and the lamp is from TJMax.
I have finally found white curtains for their room although I didn't have them at the time this pic was taken. I love the picture of the two sisters in the back. It says trust in me on it. When I look at it, it is my hope that the girls would be great friends and have a loving, trusting relationship.
There are great conversations to be shared in this room.
Will there be a third roommate one day? We'll see.



No comments:
Post a Comment