Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Amazing make-over

Can you believe we got to this...



From this...?
(Click on the pic to enlarge to see the details, not-so-computer literate fam)



Letting Natalie feed herself has been fun...and messy! Confession: being the neat-freak that I am, I would keep a wash cloth near by to wipe Natalie's hands periodically throughout the meal to avoid getting too messy. I finally decided I needed to just let her have fun, explore, get messy, and simply be a kid (this extends to the outdoor realm as well). God is stretching me so much in the obsessive, clean freak, germ-a-phobe, perfection nature of my heart. It is good to trust Him with safety, health, stains, my perceived perception of what others think of my not-so-tidy house, nutrition, parenting, salvation, provisions...everything! Jesus was born in a mucky, grimy stall with animals all around (oh, what a brave mother you were, Mary!) and He was perfect. : ) I pray that each time Natalie has dirty feet or hands I would be reminded of Jesus' example when He washed the feet of the disciples and I would be a loving servant to her, Dusty, and others.

1 comment:

Sherah said...

oh yes, the nice messes we get to clean up... and three times a day none the less! :) Ryland is not into textured foods much, but I still put them on her plate to get squished around. :)