Saturday, July 25, 2009

THE Day

I am at 38 weeks!



Me with Natalie at 38 weeks--three days before she was born and the last pregnant picture I have with her.

About a month or so ago, I was thinking about my children's birthdays--Natalie on December 17th and MJB's on July 27th (that's this Monday!) It just came to me like that. Nothing really special about it, just that July 27th seemed like a good day for a birthday for this little one in my belly. I've jokingly been referring to it as THE day. Dusty responds that it is just A day, but then he is banking on August 1st as MJB's birthday. If this child is like our first, he/she might choose to go for the middle, say the 29th or 30th (I wanted Natalie born on the 13th, Dusty on the 21st, she came on the 17th). Only God knows the day He has made for this little one to come, but I thought I should note my "revelation" about July 27th should I be right. If I'm wrong, I'll just blame it on pregnancy brain and my intuition being off due to hormone craziness. : )

I have been experiencing A LOT of contractions with this pregnancy as I near my due date. It is so unlike my last one: one day everything was like it had been all the days before and the next day I was in labor and had a baby. Very black and white. I've had two days this week where I've had a lot of contractions in somewhat of a pattern, with some uncomfortable contractions continuing through the night, but then by morning everything is back to "normal." I've been impatient with this up and down stuff. I'm so anxious not to be pregnant anymore and to meet this little one! I hope to have news of the arrival of our bundle of joy soon!

And since I'm not sleeping well at all these days, I thought I'd at least share a pic of someone who is:

She is going to be a great big sister!

5 comments:

Hulls Clan said...

praying for you as THE day draws near! beware....natalie will seem like a giant when you bring your new little peanut home! so excited to hear news of your new arrival!!!!

Sherah said...

So excited for you and praying for you!!! I am totally there with you and can't wait to see this little one's sweet face!!!

Sarah said...

It's all so exciting! I remember being just where you are when I was near the end with Sawyer. I had two false alarm trips to the hospital, which totally shocked me since I had already had two babies and "should" know what to expect when it's the real deal. But these contractions were painful and regular, but then eventually they would fade. How I knew it was finally the real thing was when the pain was in my entire torso, lower back, all the way around to the front and had to breath through them and couldn't talk. I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet your little one!

Pam said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you all...our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know when the BIG DAY arrives. We are excited for you and look forward to meeting MJB. Natalie will be a great big sister! We miss you...love, pam and steve xxoo

Anonymous said...

hey sis! can't wait for my niece,or nephew to come! you look beautiful though! love your prego pics! call me at home plz so i can give you my number to reach me!
lori