38.5 weeks
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Still with Child
Well, looks like Natalie is my earliest baby as I went into labor 9 days before my due date and she was born around 1:40am on the 8th day. Wouldn't it be strange if, like Maggie, this baby was born on his/her due date? Everyone says that is so rare. Baby is moving and I'm having contractions every day but he/she seems pretty cozy in there. I've had a hard time sleeping lately. I wake up about every 1.5-2 hours and am pretty uncomfortable so I often have a hard time going back to sleep. Guess I'm getting ready to start waking up for feedings. Last night I wanted to go into the baby's room and scoop him or her up, snuggle, and breath in his/her sweet scent but alas, I am still with child. I had wanted the baby to be born a week late to make it into September so all my kiddos would have different birthday months and to not have to plan back to back birthday celebrations. However, I've come to realize what's one or two or even four weeks matter when it comes to planning parties? I would love for the baby to come now but I'm patiently waiting as best I can for the baby to come when it decides. This pregnancy has been the most comfortable at this late stage, which I can be thankful for, and I'm trying to be content as I wait these next 8 days or possibly into September. The right time will come and I won't try any natural ways to progress things along until the baby is a week late. Anxious to meet you, Little Peanut, but so thankful that you have stayed in me this long and praying that you will be healthy and strong (and not 9 pounds!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job taking pics of yourself - I'm never very good at that! Hope you get some rest tonight. Can't wait to see the Little Peanut! xoxo
Beautiful Ashley! So excited for you guys!
Post a Comment