My grandmother also drove from Lubbuck, TX to see us.

For the 4th, we had a great view (practically front row seats) from my dad's front lawn of the main fireworks as well everyone's private show of fireworks across town. It was Dusty's first experience of fireworks displayed with patriotic music playing (provided by a local radio station) and although it was cooler than just fireworks, he was disappointed that it was not synchronized.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Natalie got to meet the other Robinsons for the first time and although they have the same name, they are not blood related. But they have been like a second family to me and are like another set of grandparents to Natalie. Their daughter, Marney, and I have been friends since we were 10. She is "Auntie" to Natalie and lives in New Orleans. (I can't wait for you to meet her some day, Marn, and I'm so glad that your parents finally got to!) Ken and Cindy treated us to a night out for dinner and a movie while Natalie happily got to stay and play with them. (Thank you!)



We also visited my 6th grade teacher, Mrs. Brown, whom I try to see every time I'm home. She's my favorite (and best) teacher of all time and she can still set me straight even after 15 years!

Finally, we also got to see my other dear friend, Barbara, and her husband, Warren, and Barb's parents. Barb and I have been friends since the 9th grade. She lives in San Antonio, TX.


One other thing that we did in Hobbs, which is a must when we go down there, is have snowcones. Colorado definitely does not know what shaved ice means. Their ice is always chunky and hard. In Hobbs, the snowcones really are shaved ice and it melts in your mouth. My fav flav is wedding cake with cream. Dusty also discovered a new fav flav: birthday cake.

Thanks for following our travels. One more stop and then we are home, but I'll have to pause until we get back from our other short trip.





No comments:
Post a Comment