The adventure began with me forgetting a crucial item at home (I'm so thankful for my loving husband who did not get angry with me) which caused us to have to rush to the airport. We were unable to check my bag and had to empty out all of my over 3 oz. liquids, including my perfume and spray gel, before going through security. Thankfully I had Dusty and Matt, one of his buddies, to help us fly through the airport, smuggle (just kidding) my quart sized bags containing all my other liquids through security, and then gate check my luggage. Once Natty and I were on the plane, things went fine. She and I flew into Sacramento where Kelli lives. Then our two families drove to Santa Cruz where Michelle lives. Dale, Kelli's husband, rigged up a pretty shnazzy get-up for fitting three car seats in the back of a Subaru (I wish I had taken a picture.)
I loved the cool, 75 degree weather in Santa Cruz. It was funny to me, though, that we had to bundle up to go to the beach--mornings were very cool.
I'm so glad that I got to see the mommas and their little bambinos. I learned a lot from watching them interact with their little ones. I know an adventure awaits me once Natalie is mobile. I'm enjoying her just the way she is for now. Here are some pics of Natalie having a blast with a bag of diapers! And Gracie, Michelle's dog, coolly observing.




Dusty had a great time too and came back encouraged and refreshed. The house where they stayed was right on the beach and they went kayaking, played bocce ball, and had great talks about life.
It was a whirlwind of traveling this past month and we are anxious to be home for a while. We are so glad that we were able to do all that we did though.










2 comments:
Ashley! It was SO fun to have you come out here for the weekend. I loved getting to know you better and it was great how comfortable and our time together was. I, too, loved the evenings on the couch. Hopefully we can do it again some time in the future....maybe next year??
Ashley, I am so glad that you made the trip out! I enjoyed hanging out with you and Natalie and getting to know the both of you even better. This was a great time!
Post a Comment