Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This little piggy had none

Yesterday I started the elimination diet in hopes of getting Natalie's eczema to clear up completely. The best word to describe how I feel so far--hungry!

Here is a list of foods I cannot eat:
  • Dairy products
  • Wheat
  • Corn
  • Eggs
  • Citrus fruits
  • Nuts (especially peanuts)
  • Tomatoes
  • Potatoes
  • Soy
  • Seafood
  • Beef
  • Bananas
  • Methylxanthines (caffeine and chocolate)
  • Refined sugar
  • Also no chicken per the doctor
The foods I am eating include Turkey, lettuce, rice, turkey, most vegetables, most fruits minus the "no" fruits, turkey, rice, some other various grains, and um...turkey. I'm dying for a cheeseburger and a malt.

I've also started running (people say the word 'running' but it's really more like jogging!). I'm trying to go every other day. So far so good--I've gone twice now! : )

So my hope is that the diet will only last two weeks (Natalie clears completely and then I can reintroduce foods back into my diet) and that the running lasts longer than two weeks.

Please be praying for us that:
  • Natalie's skin would heal completely
  • It will be obvious which foods she is not tolerating when we reintroduce
  • I will persevere through the next weeks
  • Dusty will be an encouragement and support to me
  • I will be able to keep my calories up to continue breastfeeding

1 comment:

From the View of 1336 said...

Praying for you and your family. :) Love ya and miss you!