Friday, October 23, 2009

Great News

1) I can fit into one pair of my old pants! (I am sooooo tired of still wearing maternity pants!!!)



2) This little girl is sleeping through the night!


We've been sleeping through the night for about two weeks now. Maggie had been doing 7 to 8 hour stretches but I was putting her down at her bedtime and waiting until she decided to get up to nurse which was usually between 3 and 4am so I was still having to wake up once in the night. She would then go back to sleep and wake again three hours later to eat at 7am. Any time I tried to go in and feed her at my bedtime (what we call a ghost feeding), sometime between 10 and 11pm, she would somehow think that she wanted to nurse every three hours through the night. So of course I quit doing the 10 o'clock feeding. Well we decided to try it again in hopes of getting a full night of unbroken sleep. It took about two nights, one where we let her cry it out at 4am which only lasted 20 minutes thankfully, to train her to stay asleep and wait to eat until morning. So now I go in and quietly scoop her up to feed her at my bedtime and then she sleeps through until 7am!! Way to go, girl! You have definitely been a champion night time sleeper! Next task in the next couple of weeks: move her into the same room with Natalie.

No comments: