Monday, October 19, 2009
Names
Since Natalie was a baby, Dusty and I decided that we wanted to be known as Papa and Mama, respectively. In the last few weeks Natalie has also started calling me Mommy. I have no idea where or when exactly she picked this up and associated it to me, but none the less I respond to it also of course. Today while playing in her room she started saying "Mommy, mommy." I was changing Maggie so I turned around to Natalie and asked her if she was calling my name. Then she looked at me and said "Ah-hee" (Ashley!) I couldn't believe that she remembered my actual name. She has heard other people call me that of course and we've talked about Mama and Papa having other names, but I was so surprised that she knew mine. Then I asked her what Papa's name was and she replied "Duh-y". : ) And of course we went through to her name (Na-na) and Maggie's name (Ma-ma). Natalie, you are such a smart cookie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! how observant she is!!!!
lala
Post a Comment