To Peanut Butter!
Yesterday I decided to introduce peanut butter to Natalie. She has had things cooked in peanut oil and seemed fine, with no reactions. She loved the sample of peanut butter I gave her as I made her a peanut butter and jelly tortilla. I couldn't see anything at first when we were sitting at the table. Then she started to either itch her eye or was trying to move hair out of her face so I went to get a wash cloth to wipe her hands before she smeared her face with PBJ. That's when I noticed her face and hands were broken out.
At first the rash only appeared where the PB had touched her skin but quickly proceeded to move all over her body, probably because she had ingested it. It was really scary at first because I was afraid her airways would tighten up. Thankfully they never did. She took a nap and woke up happy. The rash looked terrible but didn't seem to affect Natalie at all, not even itchy. The rash slowly went away throughout the rest of the evening. This morning she woke up with a couple remnants of little red dots on her cheek but is otherwise clear. I shouldn't be surprised, my girl is sensitive, but I am disappointed. I guess we'll put peanut butter up on the shelf with dairy and try again later.
Maybe when she's 30.
Maybe when she's 30.
1 comment:
Aw, poor little Natty. LaLa's never been a big fan of peanut butter. I'm sorry about your rash. Glad it's gone. I hope you had fun swimming with Papa. I liked your swimsuit. I'm into anything with pokadots these days! :)
Hey Maggie,
I loved your pics of you sucking your thumb. So cute :) I can't wait to kiss your little chubby cheeks again.
Love you girls sooooo much!
LaLa
Post a Comment